Sunday 21 April 2013

21st April - The Week That Was

Firstly, huge apologies for not posting anything this week - I can't tell you how full the days have been but I promise normal service will be resumed next week when school is back in session and there's slightly less juggling to do to squeeze everything in. Anyway, here is, as usual, the round-up of my last seven days and fingers crossed for beautiful weather because I love the feeling that warmth, sun and summer days are just hiding around the corner.

  • My gorgeous Mum's birthday complete with gifts and afternoon tea under blue skies at the rather beautiful Danesfield House.
  • Having my first session with my dog and the fabulous trainer Sarah Miles. The blog post I wrote about it came from the heart - it was an amazing experience.
  • Meeting a truly lovely woman this week - someone I know I'm going to just love working with.
  • Writing writing writing - from real weddings for Love Scarlett through to summer holiday activities for families with their dogs!
  • Dinner with Mr Apple at one of our favourite places and loving the drive there in the evening sunlight.
  • Having my heart touched by the story of Shilton the dog, tied to a fence with horrid injuries and left to die. Happily within a few days of her story being mad public, enough money had been donated for Shilton to have her operation and for another dog at the animal sanctuary to have eye surgery too. Faith in human nature - restored.
  • Watching son at cricket coaching and being amazed by him. Bring on the matches (and the teas!).
  • Decamping to the garden and working there. What's not to love about that?
  • Planning a big piece of work and getting that wonderfully smiling feeling that swamps you when you're just so excited.
  • Indulging myself with re-reading an old favourite - 'Frenchman's Creek' by Daphne Du Maurier.
  • Having lots of incredible things to look forward to over the coming weeks and being happy to wake up every day.
I just love this pic of my son and I




20 degrees?! Can that really be right?!

She's smiling at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment