Sunday 16 June 2013

16th June 2013 - The Week That Was

Firstly, happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there - hope you've all been suitably treated all day. Secondly, I am sure that days are no longer 24 hours long because there is no way that we can be at Sunday again.

But then, it's been a packed out week, a real tale of two halves - flat out work or out and about fun. And it's been a great week, lots has been achieved and lots of things that have been on my list for a while have been happily (and in some cases, smugly) ticked off. So, here's a little run-down of what's been going on here...

  • A 'happy anniversary' for Mr Apple & I - a day out with a little bit of history and, last night, a dinner for two at the rather beautiful Sir Charles Napier in Oxfordshire which might be my new favourite place.
  • Son's school Summer picnic - a day of fun, games, food & ice cream.
  • Trying to shake the grey weather with some summer weather clothes shopping whilst looking forward to our sunny summer getaway.
  • Talking to some lovely journalists about some great projects & features.
  • Writing writing writing. Lots.
  • Realising I probably enjoy filing and organising a little more than is good for me. Nothing like a well ordered client file to make me happy.
  • An invitation to a rather great summer party. Obviously said invitation came with an obligatory wardrobe crisis.
  • Having a bit of a re-invigoration of my office space. A tidy and a few nice new bits on order should all help - just need some better weather so my workroom is less fridge-esque and more warm & welcoming.
  • Indulging with some 'me' time - thanks to the Clarins Spa girls at John Lewis Reading.
  • Starting work with a beautiful new client.





No comments:

Post a Comment