Sunday 29 September 2013

A Love Letter...

via Pinterest
To you,

I just wanted to write you this letter to let you know that I love you. Not just a little bit either. I find myself smiling when I think of you and without sounding incredibly dramatic, I can't imagine my life without you.

This week, you've taken me to some wonderful places. The Perfect Wedding Awards on Monday were fabulous - much fun with great people and seeing Laura Caudery, Annabel Beeforth, Lucy Ledger, Emma Case, Naomi Neoh among others pick up their well-deserved awards was a real treat. I can't thank you enough.

Over the last few weeks, thanks to you, I've been part of some great projects, taken trips to almost every county in the south of England and have pages full in my diary from here until past Christmas. There's always lots to look forward to with you around - life is never quiet, never dull and certainly never the same.

I'll be honest, sometimes you're tricky to manage. You demand a lot of my time and, when I love you so much, it can be hard to leave you be for a little while. But, as the saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder and, after a weekend without you, I'm yearning to get back to you on a Monday morning.

But, all that said, I know I'm so lucky to have you. You allow me to be creative, responsible, decisive and independent. Because of you, I can be myself and I don't have to play games, pretend to agree when I don't or go along with things that just don't make me happy. You allow me time for the school run, you don't care what I wear when I'm sat behind my laptop but you love me to get dressed up and have some fun. With you, I can feel that I'm making a difference, however small, and that my efforts aren't unappreciated. Not many people have one like you. My goodness, you're good to me.

So, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. You're more than a job. You're part of me.

Lots of love,
Me xx

p.s. You might like to see this pic of Laura, Annabel & I at the Perfect Wedding Awards - I hope you love it as much as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment